I think everyone can relate to this and as the weather is getting warmer (well sort of), it means that we need to get fuzz free.
I have been contemplating for a long time about getting laser hair removal, because it's just a faff to shave, wax, or epilate. For busy people, it is hard to make time to go to a salon for a wax!
I'm trying to weigh up all the options, as i have been waxing and shaving for years and think it maybe time to invest in laser hair removal, as it seems like the next best thing. However, i wanted to do pros and cons for each type of hair removal.
- quick and convenient
- ingrown hairs
- nicks and cuts
- faster regrowth
- longer regrowth as the hair is removed from the root
- hair becomes finer over time
- can be expensive
- need to have a decent amount of growth before you get it removed
- ingrown hairs
- done at home
- don't have the stubble feeling you get with shaving
- it can be very messy
- sometimes the cream can have a funny odor
- it's permanent!
- excellent for large areas
- ideal for people who have the underarm darkness
- expensive but is an investment
- painful for some
- difficult to find a clinic that deals with dark skin
I have pretty much tried the first 3 methods for removing my hair, and would love to banish the hair permanently.
After some research, it looks like Sk:n Clinics ticks all the boxes with regards to what i'm looking for. You do need to book in for a consultation and have a patch test to make sure they are using the right setting for the best effect. I would rather go in for a patch test and ensure everything is correct, as i do have dark skin and would rather be safe and in good hands.
Sk:n Clinics offer plenty of other treatments from skin peels, microdermabrasion, acne scar treatment and so much more.
You can find further information on their treatments offered, with prices and locations HERE.
Have you tried laser hair removal?
*all images taken from Google