Some of you may know that i went to Egypt last week and i wanted to show you my essentials that i always take with me when i am travelling.
I always try to take the least amount of products when i go on holiday but that doesn't always happen! I very rarely wear makeup on the plane and if i do, it will be the basic face. I personally don't like wearing makeup on a flight, purely because flying can dehydrate your skin and the way i see it, wearing makeup on a long flight is just as bad as falling asleep with your makeup on.
Skin Care and Grooming
- Clinique Liquid Facial Soap - A simple and foaming face wash. I always take these little tubes away with me, as they are so convenient.
- Clinique Clarifying Lotion (BLOG POST) - I am one of those people that have to use toner regardless of where i am!
- Clinique Even Better Moisturiser - My everyday moisturiser that is fabulous to even out your skin but also has an added bonus of an SPF 20.
- Clinique Exfoliating Scrub - I aways love using a scrub, as it gets rid of any dead skin and leaves even brighter complexion.
- MAC Cleanse Off Oil - Perfect cleanser that removes all makeup, including waterproof mascara.
- Elemis Freshskin Skin Clear Treatment Gel - Whenever i go on holiday, there is always one zit that will show up, so i always take a spot gel to prevent any breakouts!
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Concentrate - I took this in case my skin decided to play up and i am so glad i did! This helped repair my skin from any breakouts that i had.
- Clinique Deep Comfort Hand Cream - A rich and buttery hand cream that i needed! With all the watersports i was doing, my hands were getting super dry.
- Bioderma Photoderm Max* (BLOG POST) - My favourite sun protection product! Can be used on the face and body and has an SPF of 50. This doesn't feel sticky nor greasy on my skin and is water resistant!
- Boots Aftersun - Keeps your skin hydrated and soft after being in the sun all day.
- Smashbox Primer Light - One of the best primers for oily skin! My makeup tends to slide off whenever i am in a hot country and this primer keeps my makeup looking fresh throughout the day.
- NARS Tinted Moisturizer (BLOG POST) - My holy grail tinted moisturiser! I love this stuff! It gives a bit more coverage compared with other tinted moisturisers, and it saves me taking a foundation.
- KIKO Waterproof Top Coat Mascara - I prefer using my normal mascaras, as i find waterproof mascaras don't give the oomph that a regular mascara does. This 'top coat' is applied on top of your regular mascara, so you get the benefit of your normal mascara, and it's waterproof!
- YSL Touche Eclat (BLOG POST) - Ideal complexion highlighter for hot weather and hiding those under eye circles from all those late nights!
- Benefit Benetint - I am obsessed with tints/stains when going away, as these stay put! I use this on my lips and cheeks for a natural flushed look.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray* - For an oily gal like me, i need a setting spray! When away, i would only use this for evenings out because it saves me having to touch up throughout the night and it keeps my makeup lasting all night.
- Pencil Eyeliners - Who doesn't wear eyeliners? I took three with me, Soap & Glory Kohl Smolder, Rimmel Scandal Eyes and Pixi True Teal*.
- Bobbi Brown Face Touch Up Stick - Perfect concealer for covering blemishes and it stays put even in hot weather!
- MAC Blot Powder - This powder sets all makeup and also blots excess oil, so it keeps shine away!
- Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Lip Balm - My favourite tinted lip balm that has an SPF. You don't need much more than that!
- Illamasqua Blush Excite - The ideal bright coral blush! It is super pigmented and a little goes a long way but it gives the most amazing colour to tanned skin.
- Shu Uemura Eye Lash Curlers - Curling my lashes and a coat of mascara is what i normally go for on holiday. These lash curlers are fantastic for keeping your eyelashes curled all day.
- L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes - My favourite mascara! It lengthens, volumizes without any clumping.
- NARS Larger Than Life Lip gloss Paris Follies (BLOG POST) - One of my favourite lip glosses for summer!
What are your holiday essentials?