I am always wary about purchasing drugstore concealers, because in the past i could never find one to match my skin tone.......it was either to pink, too light or too orange!
Well, i ended up selecting shade 35 and trust me when i say i spent ages trying to choose my shade! They must have thought i was a shoplifter or something! Ha ha!
There are some good and bad points about this concealer and i will start off with the good!
- The texture is very light and doesn't have a thick consistency, unlike the MAC Studio Finish Concealer.
- Blends very easily with either your fingers or a brush.
- There are a wide variety of shades to choose from.
- Doesn't go cakey or settle within the lines of your face.
- Covers dark circles well and you can layer if you need more coverage.
- Doe foot applicator, making it easy and hygienic for application.
- Cheap! Only cost £5.99.
- Covers most imperfections.
And now for the bad.....
- It isn't very good at covering large/red pimples.
- Sometimes emphasizes the dryness around a healing blemish.
- When opening the tube, the applicator can just jump out, causing a mess everywhere!
The bad points have only come from me having a huge breakout and i was using the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. I had a gigantic spot on my cheek and it just couldn't cover it, and i don't mean cover the zit so that it's invisible because it clearly wasn't. But, what i mean is that it was quite red and sore and i just wanted to calm the redness down in order for my skin to look more even.
The other thing i noticed was that as my spot was healing, it was starting to have a bit of dryness around it, which is normal as a spot is healing. I thought that due to the concealer being quite light, that it would be moisturizing but it kinda did the opposite. My spot look uber dry and flaky, even with the concealer on! It just didn't do anything.....i even tried layering it but nothing! I had to resort back to using my Bobbi Brown Concealer and the thicker consistency covered it up straight away!
Below is a picture of my arm before and after. You can see the vein clearly, then after using the concealer it's clear how much the 'green' was covered.
Overall, i think this is an amazing concealer for undereye circles and the odd blemish here and there, however for larger blemishes that are maybe red and sore, i just don't think it covers that well. The price for this is fantastic and i am genuinely pleased that there are shades that cater to most skin tones.